Material analysis of ship propeller
The material of the propeller requires corrosion resistance, high strength, and easy processing. At present, most of the materials are copper alloy, in addition to cast steel, cast iron, stainless steel, glass fiber reinforced plastic, nylon, nickel alloy, titanium alloy, etc.
1. High-manganese aluminum bronze is suitable for propellers with high-precision requirements, seawater corrosion resistance, high strength, large elongation, good impact resistance, easy manufacturing and processing, but poor anti-cavitation performance
2. Aluminum-manganese-iron brass is suitable for corrosion resistance, high strength, fatigue resistance, and erosion resistance, which are not too high in speed and require moderate manufacturing and processing accuracy, but it is difficult to cast and high cost
3. FRP and nylon are suitable for small boats with light weight, corrosion resistance, easy processing, but poor strength and variability
4. Ferromanganese brass is suitable for propellers with various machining accuracy requirements. High strength, good toughness, corrosion resistance, easy processing and manufacturing
5. Cast iron is suitable for boats with poor mechanical properties, easy corrosion, easy casting, heavy weight, and low propeller efficiency
6. Cast steel spare propeller has good mechanical properties, but it is easy to corrode, difficult to cast, and high cost