The air motor uses the engine room to compress the starting air. In the winter in the north or the cold season in the south, improper use of lubricating oil can easily cause the rotor blades to stick and slide freely, or the moisture in the compressed starting air is in the transmission pipeline or air motor. The internal icing freezes the blades in the rotor blade slot, causing the failure of the air motor to rotate and the main and auxiliary diesel engines to fail to start, which affects navigation and towing production. Therefore, in the cold winter season, in addition to strengthening the maintenance of the air motor, the turbine manager should also pay attention to the following matters.
1. Before winter comes, disassemble all the air motors, thoroughly clean the rotor, blades, stators and other parts with light diesel, remove the burrs and traces worn in the end of the rotor and blade grooves, and replace the excessively worn and split blades. When assembling, it is necessary to adjust the gap between the rotor end face and the stator, the blade and the blade slot, so that the rotor can rotate freely and the blade can smoothly slide out from the blade slot.
2. In winter, a mixture of light diesel oil and lubricating oil should be added to the lubricating oil cup of the pneumatic motor. With the gradual decrease of local temperature, the composition of light diesel in the mixed oil gradually increases, while the composition of lubricating oil gradually decreases. In the coldest time, the composition of light diesel in the mixed oil can account for about 90%. The mixed use of light diesel oil and lubricating oil makes full use of the low-temperature anti-coagulation lubrication effect of light diesel oil and also has the sealing effect of lubricating oil.
3. Maintain the dryness of the compressed starting air, especially in cold seasons. Although the engine room temperature is required to be kept above 5C, if the compressed starting air in the cylinder contains more water, it is easy to cause water to accumulate in the transmission pipe. In the event of a sudden drop in air temperature or a long suspension time, it is possible that the water inside the transmission pipeline or the air motor may freeze, making it difficult to restart. Therefore, in the cold season, the condensed water in the gas cylinder should be discharged in time, and compressed starting air should be used to blow the transmission pipeline and the air motor away.
4. Due to the cold, the air motor is not lubricated with mixed oil, which causes the lubricating oil to condense and stick to the air motor blades; at the same time, the bridge requires the main and auxiliary diesel engines to start normal operation and sailing operations within a short period of time. The following emergency situations Treatment method: first disassemble the air inlet pipe of the air motor to expose the air inlet, and then use a small oil sprayer to spray 2~3 pots of light diesel oil into the air motor, and wait until oil flows out from the air outlet. At the same time, a screwdriver can be used to turn the rotor, turn the sticking blades as much as possible, and then connect the intake pipe. Finally, the starter air is compressed directly through the pressure reducing valve, and the air intake valve of the air motor is opened and closed several times to drive the air motor by blowing.
5. If the sailing time is longer in winter, the number and time of warm-up should be increased. This will not only maintain the thermal state of the main and auxiliary diesel engines, increase the room temperature of the entire engine room, but also keep the starting conditions of the main and auxiliary diesel engines in good condition for starting.